Friday, August 29, 2008

Neighbor Update

Ok, so, you know about our neighbors. Well, last Saturday night I was playing World of Warcraft on the computer and Lemur Queen was asleep. It's about midnight, and she stumbles into the room, half asleep

FR: "What's wrong honey, can't sleep?"
LQ: "No, too much screaming."
FR: "Huh?" I had been playing WoW with my headphones on, and heard nothing.

So, I did what any new husband would do: tell his wife to go back to bed, and he'd take care of it.
I opened the door and walked outside. The noise was coming from Thor and Modi's apartment, directly above us. Of course. So I go back inside, and move out to the balcony. Evidently, I came in on the tail end of a "drunk talk"; wherein the participants are wasted and therefore are not arguing their points with the greatest mental stregnth.

Modi (female): ."......all I'm sayin' is that he can't say he love me no matter whut, 'cause he don't know. He don'! If he says 'I love yew no matter whut' he's lyin' and he can't say that........He caint!"
Thor (guy): "Uh huh"
Modi: "but yew know I caint say nothin' neither. But he cain't say he love me no matter whut...."
*I intervene from the porch below them*
FR: "Good Evening, ladies and gentlemen."
Modi: "Whut the fuck was that?"
Thor: "Uh, uh...."
FR: "It's the guy who lives below you...."
Thor (interupting excitedly): "Hey man! Please don't call the cops because I did not hit her! I didn't!"
Modi : "Yes, that's right, I was there, he didn't hit me, please don't call the cops...."

Evidently my gentle neighbors have a history of domestic violence. How.....interesting........
I have often been called a "Walking Anachronism" by some. I believe in Chivalry, Discipline, Faith, and other values of a by-gone era. I also look down on men who hit women. Unless that woman is attacking you and you are in danger; a man should NOT hit a girl. And it seems that Thor has not learned this lesson.

Thor: "Yeah, man, I didn't hit her...."
FR: "Easy there man. I was just going to ask if you could keep it down. It's midnight, and you woke up my wife."
Thor: "Uh, ok man. Ok ok ok..."
Modi: "Hey, whut Arby's do yew work at?"

What the hell? Arby's? Wow, drunk speak has returned I see.

Thor: "He didn't say he worked at Arby's, idiot. He said be quiet."
Modi: "Oh, I'm sorry, we'll be quiet.. He didn't hit me."
FR: "I don't work for Arby's. I'm a machinist, and I do shiftwork. I just need some sleep. I appreciate the quiet"
Thor: "Yeah man, if the cops get called again, I gotta pay a $250 ticket......"
FR: "Well, I'm not going to call anybody. Please just keep it down. You all have a nice evening.....(I go back inside)"
Thor: "Ok man....."

Wow. Thor definately has a history with the local Five-O. Nice. And these people live above us. Lemur Queen was already looking at house adds, I bet she'll redouble the efforts now.......

I am however, looking for a tactical shotgun to keep the garbage at bay. 16 gauge or larger should do the trick.........

Fat Rock.

No comments: